September 11, 2021
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Whitby, ON - Today, the Hon. Erin O’Toole, Leader of Canada’s Conservatives, released his plan to improve the lives of Canadians in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).
Nearly one in five Canadians live in the GTA, but families in these communities are increasingly worried about finding a home they can afford, the rising cost of living, long commute times, gang violence, and overcrowded hospitals.
“We need someone in Ottawa who personally knows and understands the challenges facing the families and communities in our region,” said O’Toole. “As someone who was raised in the GTA and now raising my family there, I will deliver a Conservative plan to build more homes, get shovels in the ground on transit, and cut hospital wait times.”
Through Canada’s Recovery Plan, Canada’s Conservatives will:
- Get housing prices under control by building one million more homes over the next three years and banning foreign buyers if they have no intention of moving to Canada.
- Lower prices by introducing a GST holiday in December, cracking down on price-fixing, and getting inflation under control by stopping the Liberals’ endless deficits, and responsibly balancing the budget over the next decade.
- Reduce commute times by immediately getting shovels in the ground on transit projects across the Greater Toronto Area, including Ontario’s GTA transit plan and GO expansion.
- Cut hospital wait times by increasing health transfers by a minimum of six per cent annually, representing a historic $60 billion investment over 10 years in health care.
- Combat gang violence by hiring an additional 200 RCMP officers to help keep communities safe.
“It’s time Canada had a Prime Minister from the 905,” said O’Toole. “As Prime Minister, I will secure the future for workers and families across the GTA and for all Canadians.”
For more information:
Conservative Party of Canada